In this episode, the Black Girl In Om podcast officially kicks off Season Two with BGIO Founder and Creative Director Lauren Ash and new BGIO Art Director Deun Ivory sharing what they have been up to lately. From discussing new directions with Black Girl In Om's online publication, to personal creative projects, both ladies give highlights about their lives in this moment. They share insights about how to remain present during times of transition and excitement and also give listeners tips about how to cultivate self-care and balance with a full plate. Lastly, they hint at some exciting guests and topics to come.
This episode's sponsor is Piper Wai. Piper Wai is the first naturally powerful, aluminum-free deodorant that uses activated charcoal to absorb wetness and fight odor.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- New Black Girl In Om co-host Deun Ivory and her role as Art Director for Black Girl In Om, as well as how she spends her time as a freelance creative entrepreneur
- Black Girl In Om co-host Lauren Ash and her latest projects, including her yoga tour
- Om—Black Girl In Om's online publication and how YOU may contribute! (Quick tip: pitch your ideas to our editor Chelcee at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The launch of Black Girl In Om's creative agency and how we are working with beauty and wellness brands this year! (See our recent What We've Loving Features featuring Glossier and WTRMLN WTR!)
- How there is always a lesson to be learned when going through challenges! How Deun and Lauren's recent experience with CRWN Mag brought them all of the life.
- Lauren and Deun's new project together, Lifestyle with Ivory + Ash, and how this BGIO sister brand is shakin' things up in the lifestyle goods and gifts world!
- Deun's recent project for VSCO and Nike Sportswear's The Force is Female campaign and her beautiful words associated with her stunning visuals
- How Deun and Lauren take care of themselves amidst all of their projects! From enjoying me time, to unplugging and from going to the gym to being organized, they share their best practices for staying well and balanced!
"You should carve out time to learn, instead of just "doing" — @deunivory Click to tweet
"Go with the flow more. Trust that everything will be ok, even with it doesn't seem like it." — @hellolaurenash Click to tweet
"Magic happens when you don't know what to expect." — @deunivory Click to tweet
"There's no point to stress and worry. Why are you draining yourself in this way." — @hellolaurenash Click to tweet