Episode 6 — Living Thoughtfully with Brandie Gilliam
In this episode, co-hosts Lauren Ash and Zakkiyyah Najeebah chat with Brandie Gilliam, the Founder of Thoughtfully Magazine. This magazine maven shares her journey in manifesting her wellness magazine and transitioning from being a marketing and branding manager into a full time creative. Brandie talks about the intentional work that goes into being a resource for women of color who want to be mindful of what they put in and on their bodies. Brandie, Lauren, and Zakkiyyah each share how trusting and taking a leap of faith was pivotal for realizing their respective passion projects. Listeners will learn practical tips and tricks to living life more thoughtfully, one step at a time, and will also receive a special, limited discount to the Thoughtfully Magazine online shop (use code BGIO10 when ordering from their store).
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Some of Lauren and Zakkiyyah’s favorite things right now, including Party Noire and Saint Heron
- Brandie Gilliam’s process in starting Thoughtfully Magazine
- How trusting and taking a leap of faith was pivotal for Lauren, Zakkiyyah, and Brandie in their respective passion projects
- Brandie’s own challenges in being more thoughtful about her self care
- The difference between natural and organic
- Practical tips in living thoughtfully from Brandie, Lauren and Zakkiyyah
- How you can win an issue of Thoughtfully Magazine, or win Thoughtfully Magazine swag!
“It's really essential that you start where you are with what you have” –@ZNajeebah #BGIO Click to Tweet
“Even if you can't afford or have the time to be completely organic you can take baby steps” –@ZNajeebah #BGIO Click to Tweet
“We live in a time where it’s important to be educated about what we put in and on our bodies” –@Thoughtfullymag #BGIO Click to Tweet
“Taking a leap of faith, moving with what feels right can lead to quick growth. It’s like magic”-@HelloLaurenAsh #BGIO Click to Tweet
“What would happen if we all just began to give a bit more thought to what’s going on around us?” -@Thoughtfullymag #BGIO Click to Tweet
“Every time we buy stuff we’re casting our vote.” -@Thoughtfullymag #BGIO Click to Tweet