Francheska Medina, lovingly known as Hey Fran Hey, has had to learn to find balance, say no, and discern what’s best for her life just like anyone else. In this episode, BGIO Founder and Creative Director Lauren Ash and BGIO Art Director Deun Ivory chat with lifestyle influencer and fellow wellness podcaster Fran about the power of establishing boundaries, recalibrating your energy, and being intentional about how and what you focus your energies on. Fran gets vulnerable in sharing her personal journey of self-healing from a life-threatening health scare and how listening to her body and reassessing her relationship to work and lifestyle choices ultimately led her toward holistic wellness. This episode is a must-listen for anyone standing at a crossroads in your career, lifestyle, and health, or anyone who needs a reminder about the power of intention and loving, supportive relationships.
This episode is sponsored by Afro Hair & Skin Co., an independent afro beauty and wellness business located along the beautiful English coast. Afro Hair & Skin Co. is dedicated to creating truly organic and natural products carefully crafted by hand, using fresh natural, and locally sourced ingredients that will feed your skin and hair with all the goodness necessary to blossom and be truly healthy. BGIO listeners get to enjoy 10% off using the code pureplantmagic, so shop their website today to find your new favorite skincare product!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- Lauren and Deun’s latest developments for Lifestyle with Ivory + Ash: their Black Girl Magic collection is here, ya’ll
- How Fran finds balance as a creative entrepreneur with multiple projects including The Friend Zone podcast, her Supernatural Wellness tour, website and YouTube channel, and more
- Fran’s journey of learning how she can be of most service to others and to herself, through establishing boundaries, saying no, and only committing to projects that she’s 100% about
- How it’s okay to let yourself chill out and experience rejuvenation and rest
- Deun and Lauren’s recent revelations with their journeys as creative entrepreneurs, which Fran affirms even more in this conversation
- How Fran learned to heal herself after a life threatening/altering illness and, in doing so, recalibrated her health, sparked her curiosity in holistic wellness, and trickled out to (many!) others to form her platform Hey Fran Hey
- The importance of mindfulness with social media and the digital space
- Fran’s tips and suggestions for cultivating healthy supporting relationships with other women
“Being able to create how I want to create + be in control of my day definitely has affected how I look and how I feel.”—@HeyFranHey #BGIO Click to tweet
“Work as true as possible and as clear as possible”—@HeyFranHey #BGIO Click to tweet
“It’s about staying true to your art and true to your vision”—@DeunIvory #BGIO Click to tweet
“I want people to be fully present, as much as possible, so that they don’t have to hit any walls like I did.”—@HeyFranHey #BGIO Click to tweet
"Black Girl Magic: when the strength of our bond leads to our collective abundance"—@HelloLaurenAsh about @ivoryandashlife #BGIO Click to tweet